Monday, August 6, 2007

Looking Forward

Since I tend to undulate in my posts, swinging back and forth from one end of the spectrum to the other, I suppose I will swing forward here.

As I mentioned in my previous post, I do have a number of amazing women at my fingertips with whom I can, if I allow myself, form more wonderful relationships. Just in time to leave behind once again in a year. But if yoga has taught me anything, it is the importance of living in the present. If I'm always living in the past, life moves on without me. And if I'm always looking to the future, I'm running so fast to catch it that I pass my real life right by.

So the number of amazing women out here really is astounding. They're at my church, they're at SAA, they're in my neighborhood, they're at Fitness Fusion...(I couldn't help putting in a plug here!) I've known several this past year as merely casual acquaintances and I hope that I can form a little closer of bonds with some of them. There are also several new women moving in with their spouses for med school that I would love to get to know, as well as some great girls I've met from the university. Looking to the future, I look forward to these new relationships.

And finally, back to living in the present, I want to express my gratitude for yet another wonderful friend. All my "sisters" have moved to other places... but one other dear friend, nearing the "sister" level is right here in little ole Kirksville. I only just got to know Tara recently, this summer while Derek was gone. We've formed a wonderful bond and her girls and my girls love playing together... I won't lie and say they get along extremely well, but they love each other! As for Tara and I, we do get along very well and I'm so glad I've had the opportunity to get to know her. I think we'll do much to keep each other sane this year! So thank you, Tara, for being such an amazing woman, mother and friend and an inspiration to me. Thanks for your wonderful influence on me.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Sheen, this is so very sweet of you. I don't love the picture :) but I love you!! I'm grateful for you too! And the wonderful, beautiful, sincere, integral person that you are. I'm so glad we've become friends!

Wilsons said...

I have to agree with Tasheena here-Tara, is an amazing person. You two are a perfect combination! I am so glad you will have each other for the next year! Enjoy!